After two years of operations below the administration of Governor Babajide Sanwo-Olu, the Lagos State Sports activities Fee is counting its beneficial properties and expressing each course to have fun.
That is the sequel to a protracted line of achievements and big strides that had been achieved by the Lagos State Sports activities Fee, both on a person stage or along with a few of its affiliate our bodies throughout the previous two years in evaluation.
An in depth rundown of these achievements and epochal feats is now introduced, as we define data and feats of the Lagos State Sports activities Fee in two years of Governor Sanwo-Olu’s wonderful management acumen and administrative depth in The Centre of Excellence –
LSSC’S ACHIEVEMENTS IN TWO YEARS
1. The Lagos State Sports activities Fee organised the maiden version of Lagos Sports activities Summer time Camp from August 31st to fifth September 2019.
The occasion featured college students of personal and public faculties as members from ages 9 to 16 attending from all 5 divisions within the state – i.e. Ikorodu, Badagry, Ikeja, Lagos Island and Epe.
They had been educated in eight sports activities occasions – Athletics, Volleyball, Basketball, Judo, Taekwondo, Swimming, Squash and Desk Tennis – in addition to in entrepreneurial abilities like tie-and-dye, tilling, make-up, interlocking and drama.
2. Lagos State Sports activities Fee co-hosted the Worldwide Desk Tennis Federation Problem and Nigeria Open in August 2019.
3. Lagos State Taekwondo Affiliation, in collaboration with the Lagos State Sports activities Fee, organised a two-day occasion tagged “Taekwondo Youth Clinic” on August 19th and 20th, 2019.
4. Lagos State Sports activities Fee co-hosted the fifth Lagos Worldwide Badminton Classics from July 20th to 22nd, 2019.
5. Lagos State hosted the Nationwide Underneath-18/21 Handball Championship from 16th to 24th March 2019.
6. The Lagos State Hockey Affiliation, in collaboration with the Lagos State Sports activities Fee, organised a U-15 Boys and Ladies ‘Mini Competitors ‘ on July 31st, 2019.
7. Lagos State Sports activities Fee participated within the U-15 Nationwide Youth Video games, which held at Ilorin, Kwara State from seventh to 17th September 2019.
Crew Lagos was positioned second on the efficiency desk with a complete of 72 medals, consisting of 22 gold, 36 silver, and 14 bronze; whereas additionally being adjudged as probably the most youthful contingent on the Video games.
8. The Lagos State Authorities, by way of the Lagos State Sports activities Fee, collaborated with the organizers of:
i. 10th Korean Ambassador’s Cup from 17th-19th October 2019.
ii. fifth Version of the South West U-18 Optimum Impression Karate Youth Championship on 19th October 2019.
iii. Eko Basketball League from 23rd to 25th October 2019.
iv. Karate-Do Championship “Shotokan Cup” from eighth to 10th November 2019.
v. Lagos Ladies Run in November 2019 and 2020.
vi. Temple Jam Basketball Match from 18th to 24th November 2019.
vii. Maiden version of Ojez Desk Tennis Teaching Clinic tagged ‘Simply For Newbies’ from
20th to 22nd November 2019.
viii. 51st & 52nd Asoju Oba Molade Okoya-Thomas Desk Tennis Championships in 2019 and
9. The Lagos State Authorities, by way of the Lagos State Sports activities Fee, financially supported organisers of the 2019 Oba Shotobi Independence Day Mini-Marathon.
10. Lagos State Athletic Affiliation, in collaboration with Lagos State Sports activities Fee, organised a two-day athletics competitors for secondary faculties in Training District 11 on 11th and 12th December 2019 at Civil Service Mannequin Faculty, Igbogbo, Ikorodu.
This was one other step ahead within the fee’s efforts at selling college sport and youth athletics by way of the organisation of assorted athletics competitions for college students in secondary faculties throughout Lagos State, thereby constructing the psycho-motive capability of younger Lagosians.
The competitors was geared toward exploiting and sustaining the potentials among the many Youth in Athletics, to find and develop cognitive abilities.
10. LSSC efficiently co-hosted the 2020 and 2021 editions of Entry Lagos Metropolis Marathon with members from throughout the globe.
11. Lagos State efficiently hosted the 2022 Africa Cup of Nations (AFCON) qualifying soccer match between the Tremendous Eagles of Nigeria and Crocodiles of Lesotho on 30th March 2021.
It’s also worthy of notice that this was the primary aggressive match performed by the Tremendous Eagles in Lagos in 20 years. It was additionally their first house match after soccer actions resumed following the lockdown attributable to COVID-19, which put all matches that ought to have been performed in 2020 on maintain.
12. Lagos State Authorities reworked Agege Stadium to Confederation of Africa Soccer (CAF) customary for continental membership matches.
13. Crew Lagos participated within the 20th Nationwide Sports activities Competition tagged “Edo 2020,” which was held in Benin Metropolis, Edo State from April Four to 14, 2021. Crew Lagos positioned fifth within the last medals desk with 32 gold, 40 silver, and 54 bronze.
14. A “Sports activities is Again” Programme was held with 19 sporting actions, with non-contact sports activities happening with out Spectators, as LSSC led the best way of heralding the return of sporting actions to kick-start post-COVID, September 2020
15. Lagos State Authorities inaugurated a contemporary LSSC Board in March 2021. This was achieved for a complete of 45 sports activities affiliation boards, together with three new ones – Netball, Cheerleading, and ESports. All three new associations are the primary of their sort in Nigeria.
16. A proper grand reception was held in honour of Crew Lagos contingent to Edo 2020 on their return to Lagos from the Nationwide Sports activities Competition and all members had been counseled for his or her performances.